HEADS UP

Forums HEGFA HEADS UP

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by RZZ 08/25/18/15:21.

• Author

RZZ

merging some of the forums together, less navigating. i think it’ll be fresher. we’ll try it for a while and if it’s too crazy then we’ll switch it back.

Simple is cool Ray. Have you tried to using ‘sticky’ threads? meaning, keeping at the top of the page, the ones that get more replies or something?

RZZ

kinda. all the “welcome to..” posts are “sticky” and stays at the top. everything else is sorted by freshness.

i don’t really want to be lord of whats on top but i was thinking there needs to be some kind of sorting other than freshness. so, i was gonna install a voting plugin. we would be able to up vote and down vote on topics and then it is all sorted by popularity. like reddit. but then i was thinking i dont want this to be a popularity contest. you can go to reddit or other social media for that. i like how there are no likes or favorites here lol.

for now, i think it will keep it as is. the topics will be sorted by freshness, which is also a testament to how popular that topic is.

but let me know what else you guys are thinking about!

is there a way to quote posts so we can respond to each other? that would be real rad!

Nice!

RZZ

yeah johnny, something is wrong with the software where we have to choose between photo upload or “threaded/nested replies” which is replies that are direct to people’s posts.

i have actually reached out to developers to see how much it will cost to fix it. its expensive.

but you brought up a good work around which is “quotes” and i just found a plugin for that. we’ll see if it works.

RZZ

[quote quote=13895]is there a way to quote posts so we can respond to each other? that would be real rad![/quote]

it works!

[quote quote=13899]

is there a way to quote posts so we can respond to each other? that would be real rad!

it works![/quote]

Yusssss!!! that’s perfect

Ah rad! Thanks Ray!

RZZ

another merge just occurred. i added all the zine and publications stuff to this forum. more changes upcoming..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.