35mm film and prices???

Forums HEGFA 35mm film and prices???

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by johnny salas 11/07/18/06:57.

• Author

Love shooting 35mm film. Especially black and white. I started with Tri-x and HP5. To save money I started bulk loading HP%. I noticed that even the 100ft rolls of HP5 started going up in price, so I changed to Kentmere. I do love HP5 & Tri-x but mainly shoot with Kentmere 400. Luckily the 100ft rolls are still $45.00. Has the price of film made you change how you shoot and what you shoot? I do shoot digital every now and then, but just love the process of shooting and developing film!

-royce

Honestly, I never look at the price of film. If theres one place I don’t cut corners its with my photos. I shoot what I’ve always shot purchased from the same camera store in lower Manhattan for most of my life. To me my work is worth more than saving some money.

RZZ

I always shot tmax for that reason. Some spots its like $3 or more over trix or hp5. I mean I def bought trix when times were tight. But 90% of my fave photos are on tmax.

I bulk loaded Kentmere for a little while and I hated it. Maybe I just didn’t develop it right. When I was doing some pricing it didn’t seem worth it to bulk load any Kodak stuff. I shoot like 90% Tri-X now. I love it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.